Gamma Phi Beta has been partnered with Girls on the Run since 2012. Since then, sisters across the country have been working to Build Strong Girls.
The mission of Girls on the Run is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run honors its core values to
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
Gamma Phi’s main event to benefit their philanthropic partner is Moon Ball. This year Moon Ball was a volleyball game, but each year it changes between volleyball, soccer, and basketball. At this years event, the USF Gamma Phi Beta chapter raised over $7,000. Our chapter also volunteers at the Girls on the Run races, and makes headbands and tutus for the girls to wear.